Reliable Sewer Line and Drain Camera Inspections in Edmonton and Area
When you notice a blockage, sag, or any debris in your sewer line, it’s time to call the experts at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating in Edmonton, AB. Our technicians are trained to perform sewer video inspections through various cameras, locators, and robots to enter your sewer drain to adequately capture any issues with videos, pictures, depths, grades, or live locations of the complication. Once captured, the videos and information can be sent to our tech’s phone and whoever else needs the data immediately. If your sewer line is compromised, we can get our crews started on repairs to ensure your home or business can return to business as usual. Call us today to schedule your sewer video inspection.
What Are Video Camera Drain Inspections?
A sewer line camera inspection involves using a waterproof video camera snake designed specifically to push through pipelines in order to visually inspect sewer lines and hard-to-reach pipes.
Leveraging this equipment, our technicians are able to inspect pipes encased in concrete, behind walls, or underneath your home’s foundation without causing damage to your property.
The plumbing camera is attached to a flexible rod, which allows it to move through the pipe while transmitting a video signal back to a monitor. Our technicians can inspect the entire length of the pipeline and create a digital recording for future reference. Additionally, the camera has bright lights that illuminate the inside of the pipe, allowing us to identify any cracks, clogs, or structural issues.
Each sewer camera is equipped with a radio transmitter that records the depth and physical location of any defects or obstructions in the pipe. This feature not only enables us to identify issues but also provides us with accurate information about their exact location.
Problems We Solve
Our expertly trained technicians utilize our sewer camera inspection equipment to identify potential issues with your pipe and locate the precise location of the issue. This allows for timely repairs to be made and ensures that problems such as root intrusion, cracks, punctures, corrosion, broken pipes, sagging pipes, drain blockages, or misaligned pipe sections can be addressed. In addition, the camera can detect and identify grease buildups, leaks, and obstructions.
Following a sewer line repair, we conduct a follow-up inspection to verify that the pipeline has been thoroughly cleaned or repaired and ensure it’s functioning properly.
When & Why Should You Use Sewer Camera Inspections?
There are several factors to consider when and why you should get a video camera drain inspection. One of the most significant factors is the age of your home and its plumbing. Older homes are often more likely to be affected by issues and complications. It’s recommended that a sewer camera inspection be performed once a year. The exact time frame applies to routine maintenance. We also suggest complete inspections whenever you buy and move into a new home. Here is a more in-depth breakdown of when you should schedule a sewer camera inspection:
- Older Homes – Most houses over 20 years old are at risk of having issues with their sewer system. This is especially true if your home was built in the late 1940s-1950s, as sewer lines were commonly made of pressed wood and tar. Taking advantage of our sewer video inspection service could save you money in the long run.
- Sewer Issues – If your sewer system starts acting odd, if your drains or sewer is repeatedly backing up, slow and/or clogged drains, call the pros at Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating Ltd. to schedule a drain and sewer line inspection. When you catch a minor issue early enough, it can be a quick fix versus a significant, expensive problem. Other potential signs you have a sewer backup include toilets not flushing or plunging, toilets bubbling when flushed, and the presence of a foul smell near your drains.
What Are the Benefits of Drain Line Video Inspections?
There’s no denying how helpful sewer camera inspections are for identifying concerns and issues early. Regardless of whether the problem is a simple crack or a stubborn blockage, drain line video inspections will give our technicians more information, allowing them to correct the problem quickly and efficiently. Here are some additional benefits of our sewer camera inspections:
- Inspections Are Affordable & Non-Disruptive – Before using video camera inspections to find a blockage or even inspect any pipes, trenches had to be dug, which required landscaping after possibly finding the issue. The new video cameras offer affordable and direct ways to review your sewer line, saving you time and money.
- Identify a Range of Sewer Line Complications – Using cutting-edge video technology allows our technicians to catch all potential issues, regardless of how deep your sewer line may be. We can identify broken or collapsed pipes, clogs, and cracks. Regardless of the issue, there’s no issue our driver and sewer line inspections can’t find.
- Deter Root Intrusions – Roots finding their way into your sewer lines is one of the most insidious plumbing issues. As soon as it’s in your system, it can become a significant issue, such as leaks, cracks, clogs, or even hindering your entire plumbing system.
- Track the Health of Your Pipes – As your system ages, it’s bound to accumulate grime and debris that can cause havoc for your plumbing system. With routine camera inspections, our team can keep an eye on the condition of your pipes and assess if any roots have broken in.
Schedule Your Drain & Sewer Line Inspections Today
These cameras allow our team to inspect and diagnose any complications or concerns with your pipes and sewer lines accurately and efficiently. We use this information to determine if it’s best to fix the issue, correct multiple at once, or even replace your entire line. Regardless of the outcome, you can rest easy knowing the Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating team has the skills and experience needed to get the job done right the first time. If you have questions regarding our video camera drain inspection services or want to schedule your today, don’t hesitate to reach out.