Reliable Video Camera Drain Inspections in Edmonton, AB
When you notice a blockage, sag, or any debris in your sewer line, it’s time to call the experts at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating in Edmonton, AB. Our technicians are trained to perform sewer video inspections through various cameras, locators, and robots to enter your sewer drain to adequately capture any issues with videos, pictures, depths, grades, or live locations of the complication. Once captured, the videos and information can be sent to our tech’s phone and whoever else needs the data immediately. If your sewer line is compromised, we can get our crews started on repairs to ensure your home or business can return to business as usual. Call us today to schedule your sewer video inspection
What Are Video Camera Drain Inspections?
Video camera drain inspections involve a series of specially built waterproof cameras attached to a drain snack that gets pushed through a pipeline to create a video inspection of sewer lines, including hard-to-reach pipes. Once the flexible rod has been inserted into the pipe, a video signal is sent back to one of our CCTV monitors. When we have that video, our technicians can visually inspect the entire pipeline length and make digital recordings and markings of areas of concern or blockages. The rod is also equipped with other technologies, including a transmitter, to help record the depth and the location of any obstructions, cracks, clogs, or structural issues.
How Do Video Camera Inspections Work?
As we’ve briefly mentioned, video camera sewer inspections use a specialized tool that includes a waterproof camera attached to a drain snack. The small fiber optic camera is fed into the sewer line and manipulated and operated by one of our technicians with a motor, all attached to a monitor. Attached to the snake are potent lights that help illuminate the sewers, allowing our technicians to note any debris, clogs, and cracks. Following the inspection, the information recorded and marked can be saved to our technician’s phones, which can be relayed to our other teams to start and finish repairs quickly.
When & Why Should You Use Sewer Camera Inspections?
There are several factors to consider when and why you should get a video camera drain inspection. One of the most significant factors is the age of your home and its plumbing. Older homes are often more likely to be affected by issues and complications. It’s recommended that a sewer camera inspection be performed once a year. The exact time frame applies to routine maintenance. We also suggest complete inspections whenever you buy and move into a new home. Here is a more in-depth breakdown of when you should schedule a sewer camera inspection:
- Older Homes – Most houses over 20 years old are at risk of having issues with their sewer system. This is especially true if your home was built in the late 1940s-1950s, as sewer lines were commonly made of pressed wood and tar. Taking advantage of our sewer video inspection service could save you money in the long run.
- Sewer Issues – If your sewer system starts acting odd, you can schedule a drain and sewer line inspection. When you catch a minor issue early enough, it can be a quick fix versus a significant, expensive problem. Some potential signs you have a sewer backup include toilets not flushing or plunging, toilets bubbling when flushed, and the presence of a foul smell near your drains.
What Are the Benefits of Drain Line Video Inspections?
There’s no denying how helpful sewer camera inspections are for identifying concerns and issues early. Regardless of whether the problem is a simple crack or a stubborn blockage, drain line video inspections will give our technicians more information, allowing them to correct the problem quickly and efficiently. Here are some additional benefits of our sewer camera inspections:
- Inspections Are Affordable & Non-Disruptive – Before using video camera inspections to find a blockage or even inspect any pipes, trenches had to be dug, which required landscaping after possibly finding the issue. The new video cameras offer affordable and direct ways to review your sewer line, saving you time and money.
- Identify a Range of Sewer Line Complications – Using cutting-edge video technology allows our technicians to catch all potential issues, regardless of how deep your sewer line may be. We can identify broken or collapsed pipes, clogs, and cracks. Regardless of the issue, there’s no issue our driver and sewer line inspections can’t find.
- Deter Root Intrusions – Roots finding their way into your sewer lines is one of the most insidious plumbing issues. As soon as it’s in your system, it can become a significant issue, such as leaks, cracks, clogs, or even hindering your entire plumbing system.
- Track the Health of Your Pipes – As your system ages, it’s bound to accumulate grime and debris that can cause havoc for your plumbing system. With routine camera inspections, our team can keep an eye on the condition of your pipes and assess if any roots have broken in.
Schedule Your Drain & Sewer Line Inspections Today
These cameras allow our team to inspect and diagnose any complications or concerns with your pipes and sewer lines accurately and efficiently. We use this information to determine if it’s best to fix the issue, correct multiple at once, or even replace your entire line. Regardless of the outcome, you can rest easy knowing the Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating team has the skills and experience needed to get the job done right the first time. If you have questions regarding our video camera drain inspection services or want to schedule your today, don’t hesitate to reach out.