Edmonton Furnace Replacement Services
It’s vital to keep your business and home warm and comfortable during Edmonton’s cold winter months.If you’re looking for expert furnace installation or a replacment in Edmonton and its surrounding areas, turn to Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating ltd.
We install furnaces from industry leaders Carrier and Rheem.
If your furnace has seen better days and it may be time for a new energy-efficient models. We’re also available around the clock for emergencies, day or night, and always provide same-day service.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace from Hydro-Flo Plumbing
A new furnace offers many benefits. First, a new furnace provides increased comfort control thanks to variable-speed technologies, which operate to match the heat loss of your home. Modern furnaces are more energy-efficient, lowering your utility costs and putting more money back into your pocket. Furnaces now start at a base 95% efficiency and go all the way to 99% efficiency.
The biggest change to your home when you install a new furnace will be the venting. Conventional homes used to use natural draft or the heat energy of the exhaust to vent the flue gas out of your home. Newer furnaces use 636 plastic venting that typically vents out the side of your home. To increase furnace efficiency, new furnaces have two exchangers, which allow the furnace to scrub as much energy out of the natural gas you’re burning. This also causes furnaces to create condensate or water as the flue gases cool.
Tips for Choosing the Right Furnace for Your Edmonton Home
With so many different furnaces on the market today, how do you determine which one is right for your Edmonton-area home? The experts at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating can offer advice on your furnace installation and find a model that makes sense for the size of your property and budget. Like buying a new car, there are lots of options to consider. Warranties can be extended to life for furnace exchangers and upgraded to a decade for other parts like blower motors, inducers, and other vital components of your furnace. Things to consider when installing a new furnace include:
- How large is your home and its age? – You’ll need to examine your home’s square footage, as well as insulation, windows, and ceiling heights when determining which system is the best match for your home’s heat output. A heat loss calculation is needed for the permit and to ensure your new furnace can keep you warm without putting too much stress on it.
- Where is your mechanical room situated inside your home? – A centrally-located furnace lends to venting challenges as high efficient furnaces are typically side wall vented and most home owners stay with a natural draft hot water heater when they change there furnace, so venting can’t exit thru the roof.
- How long will you be staying in your home? – This may help you determine the best energy-efficiency and warranty for your needs. If you plan on moving in a few years, you may not be as concerned about having a long-term furnace warranty allowing you take it easy on your wallet.
- Are you keeping your current hot water heater? – If so, a chimney liner may need to be run for to ensure the flue gasses stay warm enough to exit your home.
- Do you have a floor drain nearby to handle the water the new furnace will create? – This is essential to drain the moisture from your furnace’s condensate drain lines. A pump can be added to safely pump the liquid to a remote drain.
- Have you thought about adding air conditioning? – This will increase your home’s value and increase your air conditioning’s efficiency. A coil can be added to the top of the furnace during the install. This will allow you to pair it with an outdoor unit at the same time or give you the option for a future air conditioning installation.
We Do More Than Furnace Installations
Furnace Repairs to Keep Your Furnace Running Efficiently
Once you’ve decided on your new furnace, Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating wants to help you keep it running at peak efficiency. Furnace repairs are sometimes necessary to prevent condensate leaks, replace wear items like hot surface ignitors, flame rods, or even deal with a tripped limit due to a clogged air filter.
Tripped breakers can be signs of fried blower motors, or even inducer motors.
If your furnace has stopped heating your home consistently, irregularly or you’ve noticed your energy bills creeping up, don’t hesitate to call us for a furnace inspection. Inspections are a cost effective way to spot other issues that can lead to expensive repairs.
Understanding Why Furnace Maintenance Is Important
In addition to furnace installation and repair, Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating also offers furnace maintenance. Over time, your furnace’s parts may wear down, making your system work harder to heat your home. Regular maintenance is essential to extending the life of your furnace and keeping your family warm and safe. The biggest benefit of maintenance is it gives you peace of mind and prevents breakdowns in the middle of winter. Many manufacturer’s warranties may become voided without ongoing professional maintenance, so it’s important to keep track of what needs to be done.
Trusted Furnace Manufacturers
Our experienced team can repair and maintain all furnace brands and have access to their repair parts 24 hours a day, some of these brands are:
We Finance New Home Furnaces – Give Us a Call Today!
Do you have questions about furnace installation in Edmonton, AB? Give us a call for a free consultation, and we’ll guide you in choosing the furnace best-suited for your home and budget. At Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating, we understand everyone has different financial needs, so we also offer affordable financing options for your home furnace. Apply now for financing with our quick, safe, and easy credit application process!