Indoor Air Quality Solutions in Edmonton, AB
Keeping Your Family Safe & Healthy
Your home is a place you should feel safe and secure, but in some cases, the air in your home can be dirtier than the outdoor air. Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating Ltd. offers a variety of indoor air quality services in Edmonton, AB, including indoor air quality testing. Residential indoor air quality is often overlooked but can have a significant impact on the health of you and your family. If you find yourself feeling ill too often, it could be due to poor indoor air quality. Our team of HVAC experts offers several indoor air quality services to help you breathe easier and feel better. Learn more and get in touch with us for a free estimate.
Why Is Indoor Air Quality Important?
Many people avoid going outside when the air quality is poor, but you could be breathing in poor air quality inside your home day in and day out. Your indoor air can be affected by humidity, temperature, ventilation, and more. Many pollutants can build up inside your home, aggravating conditions such as allergies and asthma or causing health problems, including headaches, sore eyes, fatigue, burning nose, respiratory issues, heart disease, flu-like symptoms, cancer, and more. We offer a variety of indoor air quality services to improve the quality of your home’s air and help prevent these health issues from occurring.
What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality?
There are many factors that can lead to poor indoor air quality, and some of them can be prevented. Some of the causes of poor indoor air quality may include:
- Indoor pets
- Dust mites
- Inadequate ventilation
- Mould and mildew from moisture damage or humidity
- Improperly vented appliances and fireplaces generating carbon monoxide
- VOCs from paint, chemical cleaning products, pesticides, and more
- Building materials containing lead, asbestos, or formaldehyde
- High temperature and humidity
Improving Your Indoor Air Quality
The good news is that there are multiple ways to improve the air quality in your home or business in Edmonton. The first thing to do is to have your indoor air quality tested by the experts at Hydro-Fly Plumbing & Heating. Our team will test your indoor air quality and create a custom solution to improve your home’s air. Some of the ways your indoor air quality can be improved include:
- Air Filters – Your air filters should be changed every two to three months, if not monthly. This cuts down on energy usage and improves the functionality of your HVAC system. High-efficiency air filters can reduce irritants and improve air quality.
- Air Purifiers – Using an air purifier or electronic air cleaner can improve air quality. These devices can remove pollutants such as smoke, viruses, mould, allergens, and pet dander. A whole-house air purifier is more effective than a portable unit.
- Dehumidifiers – The level of indoor pollutants can be increased by high temperatures and humidity levels. A whole-house dehumidifier can control mould and remove excess moisture to improve indoor air quality.
- And More – Other ways to improve your indoor air quality can include germicidal UV light systems and more. If you’re concerned about COVID-19, improving your indoor air quality could help.
Get Your Free Air Quality Estimate
Improving your indoor air quality can be difficult on your own, which is why you should hire our professional team. In addition to our air quality services, we also offer cooling, hot water, plumbing, HVAC, drain cleaning, and heating services. We’re available 24 hours a day for emergencies and are happy to answer any questions you might have. Contact us today to get started with a free estimate.