Trust Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating to Keep Your Garage Warm
We know Edmonton winters can be harsh, but with our help, you can avoid walking into a cold garage. Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating takes pride in offering premium small garage heater units for families throughout Edmonton, AB. Investing in a garage heater will ensure your garage is a more comfortable and welcoming space that’s accessible year-round. Our team of seasoned professionals works with leading brands such as Reznor and Modine to deliver units built to last. When you choose our team, you’ll work with licensed experts committed to exceeding your expectations. If you’re ready to discover how a garage heater can make your life easier, give us a call to schedule a consultation today.
Why Install a Garage Heater?
Your garage is by far the most versatile space in your home. It’s not only a place to store hobbies and tools but also a place to relax with friends and family. When the temperature turns freezing, a garage heater will ensure your space remains comfortable year-round. You’ll have access to a winter workspace while ensuring your vehicle starts without a worry. You can rely on our team to install your new garage heater quickly and efficiently. Our technicians are authorized to install, replace, and service the following top garage heater brands:
- Space Ray
- Mr. Heater
Explore the Different Types of Garage Unit Heaters
Garage heaters are available in a wide range of styles. If you want to find the best style that fits your needs, our team will work with you to provide expert recommendations. The best unit for your space will depend on your preference, budget, and available space. Regardless of your choice, you can rely on our team to provide superior heaters at competitive prices. Here is a look at the three main types of garage heaters we work with, including:
- Forced Air – Forced air heaters come in various sizes and fuel types, but all operate by pushing hot air into your garage. The most cost-effective option is natural gas heaters, but they cost more for the unit and installation when compared to electric models.
- Convection – These heaters use an enclosed flame or heating element to help warm the air. Convection heaters are affordable but take longer to comfortably heat your garage.
- Radiant – Radiant garage heaters provide steady warmth without pushing or blowing air. These heaters can be powered with electricity, natural gas, or propane.
Discover the Benefits of Heaters for Your Garage
During the winter, your garage is a covered extension of the outdoors. We believe you shouldn’t be locked out of a part of your home due to cold weather. Investing in a garage unit heater can change that. You can keep your garage toasty and comfortable, letting you use that space for DIY projects, relaxing with friends, or game nights with the family. Take a look at some additional benefits of installing a new garage heater:
- Keep Your Garage Comfortable – A heater can ensure your garage is comfortable enough so you can work on a project without shivering. You’ll be able to concentrate on what you’re doing instead of counting down the time till you can warm up.
- More Space – When you install a garage heater, you’ll have more space for your family and pets to stretch their legs in the winter.
- Variety of Sizes – Recent technological advancements have made these heaters smaller than their predecessors. Modern units allow you to maximize your space.
- Minimal Maintenance – Another great benefit is that modern garage units require minimal maintenance or cleaning. You’ll be able to turn them on and enjoy the warmth.
- Keep Your Vehicles Safe – Cold weather can make it harder for your cars to start in the morning. A heated garage allows them to warm up faster, start easier, and help prevent your battery from draining.
How to Determine the Right-Sized Heater
As beneficial as garage heaters are, they’ll only be helpful if they’re the right size to heat your entire garage. We’ll take measurements of your garage and help you find the right garage unit heater to properly warm your space. The measurements we take are entered into a formula, along with an account for your garage’s installation, to best determine the British Thermal Unit (BTU) necessary to warm your garage. When choosing a unit, we recommend considering your ceiling height and what temperature you’d want to keep in your garage. If you’re wondering what temperature your garage should be kept at, we recommend keeping it at about 10 degrees. This ensures everything is kept above freezing and allows your space to heat up quicker if you have work or guests to entertain.
Schedule Your Unit Installation Today
Working in your garage year-round is not something everyone can enjoy. Harsh Alberta winters keep most families bundled in their warm and cozy living rooms until the first sign of spring. Investing and trusting the Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating team to install your new garage heater ensures you always have access to that space. Whether you’re planning to host a game night with friends or need to work on your DIY projects, a small unit heater will grant you comfortable access to your garage when needed. Our premium units are available in several types, styles, and fuel options. To discover how our team can help you, give us a call. We’ll work with you to find the right model that fits your needs and budget.