We Will Fix Your Air Conditioner to Help You Stay Cool
On many summer days in Edmonton, merely stepping outside will cause you to break a sweat. With a properly-functioning air conditioner unit in your home or office, you can beat the heat. But if your AC unit experiences problems, you will need professional air conditioning repair services from the experts at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating. For nearly 15 years, we have provided residential and commercial air conditioning services to customers throughout Edmonton and the surrounding area. Not only can we help you select a new air conditioner and install it for you, but we also provide exceptional AC repair services to keep your existing unit operating at its best. We can arrange a time that fits your schedule to perform repairs or provide emergency repair services. Call us today for a free estimate.
Warning Signs You May Need to Repair Your AC Unit
In many instances, you will know immediately if something is wrong with your air conditioning unit. The sign could be as obvious as waking up in a pool of your own sweat due to the high indoor temperatures. But other issues are gradual. Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating recommends calling our team if you notice any of the following warning signs you may need AC repairs:
- Insufficient airflow – If air is not freely flowing out of your vents, there may be a blockage within your home’s ductwork. Other culprits could be a clogged air filter, broken motor, or something more serious.
- Frequent cycles – Your air conditioning unit should have a relatively routine schedule of cycles, regardless of the weather. If you notice it cycling more frequently than usual, something is probably wrong.
- Water leaks – Alert the technicians at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating if you notice pooled water or an active leak around your AC unit. This is an issue that should be addressed immediately to prevent significant damage to your home.
- Foul odors – A telltale sign of AC issues is a bad aroma emanating from the unit. The problem will get worse without service, so call us right away.
- Unusual noises – You likely notice noises coming from your air conditioner periodically, but if they become persistent or louder than usual, a part may be broken or malfunctioning.
Common Air Conditioner Problems
There are a host of air conditioner problems that we encounter on a regular basis. Fortunately, our experience and expertise allow us to identify them quickly and provide swift solutions. Among the most common air conditioner problems we see are:
- Low refrigerant
- Frozen evaporator coils
- Dirty condenser coils
- Fan problems
- Thermostat issues
- Clogged drains
- Leaking ducts
Knowing Whether to Repair or Replace Your Air Conditioner
There is a fine line between needing to repair an air conditioner unit and needing to replace it. We can help you determine the best solution for your residential or commercial property. Our trustworthy team will never recommend a good or service that you do not need, but we will be honest with you when it is time to install a new unit. We suggest replacing your air conditioner if:
- It is more than 15 years old – The lifespan of an AC unit is normally 10-15 years. After that period, it is time for a new one. Additionally, older units are not as efficient as their newer counterparts.
- You need frequent repairs – If you are relying on Hydro-Flo Plumbing & heating for repairs multiple times per year, it is best to opt for a new air conditioner.
- The cost of a new unit exceeds half the price of repairs – If your repairs cost at least $5,000 – or more than half of the price of a new air conditioner – your best bet is buying a new unit.
Benefits of Professional AC Repairs
Soliciting professional air conditioner repair services has many benefits. Not only will you be able to live comfortably in your home again, but you may experience significant cost savings. Advantages of AC repair in Edmonton, AB include:
- Improved air quality – Depending on what is hindering your air conditioner, repairs may improve your indoor air quality considerably.
- Enhanced energy-efficiency – If your AC unit is working harder than it should, it is causing your energy bills to rise. Repairs can return your energy bills to normal.
- Less maintenance – When we repair your air conditioner, we will complete a full inspection and catch minor issues so that you will not have to perform additional maintenance.
Call Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating for AC Repair Services
Entering a cool home, store, or office building on a hot summer day is a refreshing feeling. But if your air conditioner is not working optimally, you may feel nothing more than disappointment. Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating can repair your air conditioner in Edmonton, AB quickly and efficiently to guarantee your long-lasting comfort. We are happy to schedule an appointment or provide emergency repair services, so contact us today to get started.