Hot Water Tank Repair from Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating
Hot water is one of life’s pleasures many of us take for granted. We don’t realize how important it is for our homes or business until something goes wrong. Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating ltd provides professional water heater repair services in Edmonton, Alberta and the surrounding areas. Our team of professional, experienced technicians can evaluate your hot water heater to determine if it can be repaired at a reasonable cost or if it needs to be replaced.
Don’t inconvenience yourself any longer repairing an old tank because a new hot water heater replacement might be cheaper than you think. We also offer financing in the event that you need a new water heater or a more extensive repair. Learn more about what we can do for you and contact us today to schedule an appointment with us.
Common Signs You Require Water Heater Repair
Your water heater could be having problems even though it’s still providing you hot water. Water heaters aren’t typically front and center and can easily be forgotten about. Take a few moments to check for the following symptoms and contact us if any of them are present:
- Water Temperature – No hot water at all is an obvious sign of a hot water heater issue. You may also experience water being too hot or not hot enough. This could be due to a buildup of sediment or a thermostat problem.
- Leaking – If water is leaking from the top of your water heater, your T&P valve may have failed, or a pipe may be loose.
- Rusting – Brown or rusty colored water is a serious indication of corrosion, which means a leak is inevitable.
- Smelly Water – If the water from your tank smells bad, it’s likely due to a high level of bacteria. Smelly water often occurs in homes that have well water as their primary source.
When to Call in the Professionals
If you’ve experienced any of the above issues, it’s time to call in the trusted professionals at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating. Our team services all types of water heaters, including traditional storage tank water heaters, tankless water heaters, solar-powered water heaters, and more. We also work on most major brands, such as Rheem, A.O. Smith, Bradford White, and more. Most homeowners should not attempt to repair their hot water heater. This is a job best left to the professionals. Our team has many years of experience and utilizes the latest equipment and industry best practices.
Water Heater Repair vs. Replacement
In many cases, your home’s water heater can be repaired, but sometimes it needs to be replaced. Replacement is the most expensive option, but a new, more energy-efficient water heater can save you money in the long run. It’s also a good option if you have an older unit that will continuously require repairs. Consider the following factors:
- Age – The average gas water heater lasts ten years, while tankless water heaters can last 20 or more. If your unit is reaching the end of its lifespan, it makes sense to replace it with a new one.
- Gas Bills – If your water heater is less efficient and your energy bills are going up, you may want to replace it with a newer energy-efficient version. Your water heater makes up 14% of your total energy bill.
- Frequency of Repairs – Try using the 50% rule. If any repair costs 50% of the cost to replace your water heater, it makes more sense to replace it than repair it. You should also keep in mind the frequency of repairs, as they can add up over time.
Hot Water Heater Maintenance Services
Keeping your water heater well maintained is key to extending its lifespan and getting the most out of it. An annual water heater inspection and tune-up can allow our experts to find small problems before they turn into more significant issues. Our hot water heater maintenance services include flushing the system, checking the air intake filters, removing mineral buildup in the system, checking and adjusting the electrical connections, and more. Reduce your energy bills and add years to your water heater’s lifespan with these fast and easy services. Contact our team today to schedule an appointment.
Schedule a Hot Water Heater Repair Today
Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating offers around the clock service for your hot water heater. We work on hot water heaters, tankless water heaters, and boiler and storage tank combinations. Our team proudly carries and installs the new tankless hot water system from Rheem. We’d be happy to repair or replace the hot water heater in your home or business in Edmonton, Alberta and the surrounding areas. Contact us today for a free estimate and to schedule service.