Edmonton’s Trusted Root Removal Experts
No one likes spending the day digging in the dirt, trying to remove a stump or a field of twisted roots from their yard, let alone their pipes. Residents of Edmonton, AB, lead busy lives and don’t have the time to spare, but thankfully they can call on the team at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating to remove the back-breaking effort out of root removal. Failure to remove tree roots from your system can lead to expensive repairs or unwelcome pests in your yard and pipes. If you suspect the possibility of roots in your pipes, give our expert technicians a call. Our team has the heavy equipment needed to make the job as easy and fast as possible.
What to do When There’s Tree Roots in Your Sewer Line?
Surrounding your home with trees can provide beauty, property value, and a home for the local wildlife, but they can also cause complications on your sewage pipes that run near and under your house. As we’ve highlighted before, failure to remove roots in your line can result in complications such as blocked pipes to sinkholes appearing on your property. If you suspect roots may be in your pipes, the first thing would be to schedule a visit from one of our technicians. We have multiple ways to identify if there are tree roots in your sewer line, like our video camera drain inspection service. Once identified, our crew can handle all the hard work with root removal. Here are some tell-tale signs that there are possible tree roots in your sewer line:.
- Toilets Not Flushing Properly – If you notice your toilet draining slowly or making a gurgling noise, it could be a sewer backup or roots in your pipes. Regardless of the actual cause, it’s a tell-tale sign that you have a clog and need the help of our experienced plumbers.
- Pooling in Your Yard – When tree roots have been growing in your sewer line for some time, they may no longer leak but break apart. When this occurs, you may notice that certain areas of your yard retain water longer than before. This can also be combined with a foul odor or a greener patch in your yard.
- Discovery from One of Our Inspections – Multiple plumbing issues are difficult to diagnose without assistance from a trained professional. Contact our team for a free consultation if you suspect anything is wrong with your plumbing system. We have access to several diagnostic tools to help pinpoint and identify any concerns or complications.
Why Should You Take Care of the Root in Your Sewer Line?
There are several different reasons why your sewer line could be blocked. It could be accidentally flushed debris and grime build-up or tree roots in your sewer line. We’ve briefly discussed how important it is to identify and address root intrusions quickly. Without a doubt, roots in your sewer line are the single most destructive element in maintaining a sewage system. Roots will spread throughout the system if left untreated, blocking the flow. Roots in a line can even destroy an entire sewer system which could cost homeowners thousands of dollars to repair or replace.
When and How Often Should Root Removal Be Done?
Homeowners are aware that things can go wrong at the most inopportune time. Some circumstances couldn’t have been seen, which can happen with your sewer system. Most homeowners don’t think about their sewer lines since they are hidden from sight. This makes routine inspections more critical, as they could help you decide when and how to get repairs done. We recommend that at least every 12-18 months schedule an inspection using our drain and sewer line inspection service. You’ll have annual, real-time images of your sewage system over the years and make note of any concerns and complications as they arise, providing you with valuable information over time.
How to Prevent Roots in Sewer Lines?
Preventative measures will be the best approach to almost any plumbing issue, including roots in the line. If you have any questions regarding our suggestions, don’t hesitate to reach out. One of our knowledgeable representatives will be happy to answer your questions. Here are our tips for preventing roots in the sewer line:
- When Planning Landscaping, Think about Your Plumbing System – When planning on what type of tree and the location, consider how close it will be to your sewage system. This can help you determine the best tree to plant based on root growth patterns compared to the location of your sewage pipes. We also suggest it may be beneficial to consider tree removal or planning a small tree in its place.
- Replace Old Pipes – Owning an older historic home is the dream of many people, but consider the financial complications of older homes. We recommend replacing the pipes in your sewage system if they’re older than four decades. The older pipes get, the more difficulties appear, either through cracks, leaks, or roots finding their way in.
- Schedule Routine Plumbing Inspections – We understand that it’s difficult to see the value of routine inspections until an emergency occurs. You can save yourself a mess, headache, and money by getting yearly inspections. When we inspect a sewage system, we make a note of any possible concerns, from cracks and leaks to even roots in your line.
Take Advantage of Our Sewer Line Root Removal Service
Whether you need assistance removing roots to control a living tree or removing dead roots after a tree has gone, the Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating team has the equipment and skills to make the job as easy and quick as possible. Our team understands how stressful it can be to deal with the damage roots in a sewer line can cause. We strive to provide all our customer’s peace of mind while handling their plumbing problems as efficiently as possible without interrupting their daily life. Whether you need a root inspection or assistance repairing and replacing broken pipes, our team is standing by to help. Give us a call and schedule a free consultation today.