Reliable Toilet Repair in Edmonton, AB
When your toilet stops working, it can throw your entire day into chaos. If that happens, trust Edmonton’s, AB, trusted toilet repair experts, Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating. Understandably, most homeowners want to turn to DIY solutions, and when those don’t work, you’ll want to call an experienced toilet plumbing professional. Before our team begins any job, we perform a full consultation, and we’ll provide you with an evaluation of the issues, including our recommended repairs. If you’re ready to avoid a stressful situation, give us a call and schedule your free consultation today.
Can My Toilet Be Repaired?
Unlike many of today’s high-tech home appliances, toilets remain straightforward and only contain a few parts. More often than not, your toilet can be repaired with little hassle. Generally, most common toilet repairs are DIY friendly, only requiring some basic knowledge and the right tools. If you’re unsure what to do next or want to know if you need to replace or repair your toilet, don’t hesitate to call us. Our team of highly trained toilet plumbing professionals will evaluate the situation and provide recommendations on needed repairs and if they can be repaired or needs to be replaced.
Should I Replace or Repair my Toilet?
If you have an old toilet giving you trouble, you may assume it needs to be replaced. Also, while installing a new toilet may be the best option if a fixture is giving you difficulties, there may be better solutions to the current problem. Determining when to replace or repair is based on several factors. Here are some signs that your toilet needs to be replaced or repaired:
- Replace – Consistently clogged, bowl or tank is cracked, if you saw a spike in your water bill, the toilet shifts when you sit on it, visual scratches, and needs constant repairs.
- Repair – Faulty flushing, tank or bowl doesn’t refill with water, standing water around the base of your toilet, or it’s constantly running, if you notice rust on the toilet’s metal parts, or if it takes a long time to refill.
Common Toilet Repair Issues and How to Fix Them
Taking care of common toilet repair issues at home is simple when you understand the parts of a toilet. Simply put, your toilet consists of two major components, the bowl and the tank. The bowl is a solid porcelain drain fixture with no moving parts to worry about. Most issues and repairs don’t involve the bowl. The tank is where two valves are located, and the handle. Your toilet tank is where a lot of the issues occur. Here are some of the most common toilet repair issues and how to fix them:
- Overflowing Toilet Bowl – A clogged toilet will flood your bathroom floor if left alone. This is one of the most straightforward issues to fix. If you have a plunger, insert it into the bowl and pump; this will likely improve the issue.
- Handle Moves but Doesn’t Flush – If you press the handle and feel no resistance, the chain or connector in the tank comes loose. While not every tank will look alike, there should be a lift arm and a rubber stopper at the bottom that connects via a chain to the lift arm. When you look in and see the chain is unhooked, reconnect the arm, and it should work like new.
- Water Keeps Running After the Tank has Filled – If you continue to hear running water after the tank has been refilled, we suggest shaking the handle a little. This can move the flapper or the rubber piece that stops the flow of water; if the water doesn’t stop, you may have a faulty flapper. To replace the flapper, drain the tank, remove the older flapper, take it to your local hardware or plumbing store, and find a new one. Come home and install it, and your problem should be solved.
- Fixing a Leak at the Your Toilet’s Base – Water can seep its way onto your bathroom floor if the wax ring at the base of your toilet starts to become faulty. To fix this, you’ll have to remove your toilet, which can seem daunting. Turn off the water, and the method of lifting the toilet depends on the model, but once you remove your toilet, you can replace the outdated wax ring.
Take Advantage of Our Toilet Repair Services
Whether you need clogged toilets repaired or help to figure out why your toilet is constantly running, don’t hesitate to call our team. When dealing with a toilet needing repairs, you shouldn’t worry about finding a company you can trust. We strive to ensure each customer receives high-quality services while exceeding our customer’s expectations. Save yourself the hassle of complicated toilet repairs by leaning on our toilet plumbing professionals. Our team is always here to help, and we take the time to answer every question we receive to ensure our customers are delighted. Call us to schedule your consultation today.