Hybrid water heaters are rising in popularity across Alberta and for good reason. If you’re tired of only getting cold water or want to invest in an energy-saving water heater, trust Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating professionals for help. We offer premium hybrid electric/heat pump water heaters perfect for your Edmonton, AB, home. This blog will dig into the inner workings of these heat pumps and cover their most significant benefits. We hope this helps you by providing all the information you need to determine if these hybrid heat pumps are the right choice for you. When you’re ready to take that next step, give our team a call. We’ll work with you to find the right model to fit your home and budget.
What Are Heat Pumps and How Do They Work?
Heat pumps are non-traditional appliances used to create hot water while keeping your home comfortable. They harness energy from the air or ground to warm the water in a secure and insulated tank. Another way to think about it is that they work like refrigerators but backwards. Refrigerators are designed to remove heat to cool a specific area. Heat pumps do the same, but to warm water for your home. Our hybrid heat pumps use less electricity than traditional electrical resistance models, which makes them an excellent option for those looking to save on their energy bills.
Discover the Benefits of Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heaters
In today’s market, we understand that focusing on energy efficiency and environmental sustainability is vital for homeowners. Traditional water heaters, whether electric or gas, are often energy-intensive and add to higher utility bills, but there is a solution. Our hybrid electric/heat pump water heaters are designed to not only save you money on your monthly energy bill and require less maintenance than other models. We’ve compiled some of the most impactful benefits of investing in hybrid water heaters, including:
- Improved Efficiency – Heat pumps are significantly more energy efficient than traditional water heaters. Hybrid heat pumps collect ambient warmth through the air and transfer that warmth to the water. This ingenuity is designed to help save you money on your energy bills.
- Environmentally Friendly – With the increased efficiency, our hybrid heat pumps are more environmentally friendly as they don’t produce as much greenhouse gas emissions.
- Long Life Span – Our hybrid electric/heat pump water heater is designed to last up to 15 years before it needs to be replaced.
- Cost Savings – While these units have a higher upfront cost, the long-term savings provide an excellent return on investment. You’ll save on your energy bill, meaning the unit will start to pay for itself in a few months.
- Health Benefits – These units run quietly and can help improve air quality by filtering and dehumidifying their environment. Good air quality is vital to help prevent illness and other health concerns.
- Minimal Maintenance – Our hybrid heat pumps require minimal maintenance to run efficiently and optimally. We do recommend keeping up with yearly system checks to catch issues early. Overall, hybrid electric/heat pump water heaters are excellent choices for homeowners looking to avoid expensive repair costs.
How to Extend Your Hybrid Water Heater’s Life
Upgrading to a hybrid electric/heat pump water heater is a major investment. We want you to get the most out of your unit possible. It’s vital to take all necessary precautions to extend the unit’s life cycle. We’ve compiled some common and helpful tips on how to extend its lifespan for as long as possible, including:
- Schedule Routine Maintenance – Like any appliance, we recommend scheduling routine maintenance visits. These visits help ensure the longevity of your water heater while keeping the quality of your hot water high.
- Invest in a Timer – Water heaters traditionally run all day, which, depending on your situation, may not be the best. Discuss installing a timer on your new heat pump with our team, ensuring it’ll be on when you are home and not while you’re at work.
- Add an Expansion Tank – When water heats up, it expands, and the internal pressure will increase if there is nowhere for the water to go. An expansion tank will reduce internal pressure, reducing the chance of your heater bursting.
Schedule Your Hybrid Heat Pump Water Heater Installation
For most homeowners, the benefits of hybrid electric/heat pump water heaters outweigh the initial investment cost. If it’s time to upgrade to a new hybrid heat pump, rely on the experts at Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating for high-quality services that won’t hurt your bottom line. Our team is full of seasoned and knowledgeable professionals who will work with you to find the right water heating solutions for your home. We’re committed to providing responsive, reliable, affordable services to our local Edmonton customers. Don’t wait to add more comfort and convenience to your home with our premium plumbing and heating services. Call our team to arrange your heat pump services today.