Curious About the Benefits of Boiler Systems?
Our Experts Answer Your Questions About Boilers
In this post, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions we get about boiler systems, including what is necessary to keep them running optimally and whether they’re dangerous to use as your primary heating source. If you’re in need of a boiler installation, maintenance services, or replacement, the team of trusted professionals at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating can take care of it in a timely manner. We’re your top choice for quality home comfort solutions in Edmonton, Alberta, and surrounding areas.
Whether you need residential or commercial boiler system services, our certified technicians provide the highest level of customer care for installations, maintenance, and even emergency repairs. Call us today for a free quote!
- How Do Boilers Work?Boilers provide the type of heat that evenly distributes throughout your home. Radiant heat from a boiler system warms objects in a room, while forced-air furnaces warm the air in a room. Boiler systems use water/steam to heat homes. After the water/steam has efficiently heated your home, it returns to the boiler to reheat and start again.
- Do Boilers “Boil” Water?No, the boilers installed in homes and businesses today don’t boil water. Just like water heaters, boiler systems heat water up to a specific temperature. However, if your home has an old radiator, there is a chance that the boiler does boil water for steam.
- Do I Have to Hire A Company for Maintenance?Finding a trusted company to perform maintenance services on your boiler is the secret to ensuring your system lasts as long as possible. With decades of combined experience in home comfort solutions and boiler system installation and repair, Hydro-Flo is your go-to source to ensure your boiler is running optimally for years to come.
- Why Do Boilers Break Down?After several years of operating, boilers tend to break down due to several reasons, including pump failure, electrical outages, and low water pressure. While boiler systems tend to last longer than other heating options, they still require maintenance, repairs, and replacement after a couple of decades. Pumps fail, and electrical components can stop working.Additionally, air may get into the system, or low water pressure can occur, which can result in the system not moving the water, so the boiler can’t radiate heat properly. In rare cases, water can freeze in the boiler in extremely cold conditions.
- Do Boilers Waste Water?Boilers use a closed system that recycles the heated water, so you won’t need to worry about wasting excessive amounts of water to heat your home or business.
- Do Boilers Waste Energy?The boiler systems installed in homes and businesses today are extremely energy efficient, and the yearly savings may shock you. Modern boiler systems are just as efficient as any gas forced-air furnace and typically last longer when maintained properly.
- How Do You Know if Your Boiler is Working Efficiently?Having routine maintenance services scheduled can keep your system working efficiently for years to come. If you suspect something is wrong with your boiler in between maintenance service appointments, call one of the certified technicians at Hydro-Flo to come to take a look. Because boiler systems can be dangerous when not working properly, it’s crucial to call as soon as you suspect your boiler isn’t working right.
- What Are Some Disadvantages of Boiler Systems?A few disadvantages to boilers include damaging leaks over time, increased installation time, and difficulty switching between systems. For example, it would take longer to install a boiler if you’re switching from a forced-air furnace heating system in your home or business.
- What Are Some Benefits of Boiler Systems?Some of the benefits of having a boiler include consistent and evenly distributed heat, quiet operation, and low maintenance since you don’t have to worry about switching out air filters. Modern boiler systems are also extremely energy-efficient, so you could potentially save a significant amount of money on your energy bills.
Why Choose Hydro-Flo for Plumbing & Heating Services?
Hydro-Flo is the trusted team to choose for all your plumbing and heating needs in Edmonton, Alberta, including the installation and maintenance of boiler systems. Our professional team has decades of combined experience in home comfort solutions for home and business owners, ensuring all projects are completed safely, successfully, and efficiently. Please contact us for more information about boilers or to schedule an appointment for a free quote. We look forward to hearing from you!