Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating Offers Around-the-Clock Service
At Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating, we know how frustrating it can be not having hot water when you need it for a shower, dishes, or laundry. Hot water heater installation, repair, and replacement in Edmonton, AB is among our many specialties. Whether you have a small, under-the-counter electric water heater or a large, multi-family commercial boiler and storage tank combination, we’re equipped to handle its maintenance. We offer same-day replacements and emergency hot water heater repairs for your residential, commercial, or institutional needs. If it’s time for a replacement, our company carries tanks from several leading manufacturers, including A.O. Smith, Bradford White, John Wood, and Rheem. If you’re interested in converting to a tankless hot water heater, we carry top-tier systems from Rheem, Navien, Bosch, Takagi, and Rinnai for your consideration. Contact us today for more details about your options or to schedule a free consultation with our friendly plumbing experts!
Understanding the Difference Between Hot Water Heaters
If it’s time for a hot water heater replacement, many homeowners find it daunting knowing where to start with so many options available today. Here’s a quick rundown on the most common types:
- Hot Water Heaters – A standard hot water heater continuously heats and stores water in a tank to have it ready for your use. Whenever someone in your household takes a hot shower or runs a load of dishes in the dishwasher, your preheated water source becomes depleted and must refill and reheat. Traditional hot water heaters cost less to install and replace, making them popular among homeowners on a tight appliance budget. However, they tend to be bulky in size, meaning they occupy more space and cannot be placed outside. Storage tanks for hot water heaters come in several sizes, but the most popular range from 30-50 gallons of water.
- Tankless Water Heaters – A tankless water heater is considered 24-34% more energy-efficient than a traditional hot water heater because it produces hot water on demand using an electric, natural gas, or propane heat source. Small and convenient to install anywhere inside or outside your home, tankless water heaters also enjoy a longer lifespan on average. The hot water stops running when you’re not using it, meaning you can say goodbye to wasted energy and money from your household budget!
- Boiler & Storage Tank Combinations – In addition to residential customers, Hydro-Flo also specializes in the installation of commercial boiler and storage tank combinations. A combination boiler offers both space heating and domestic hot water storage. Ideal for large homes, businesses, or multi-family units, a combination boiler stores enough hot water for up to three showers and a dishwasher load all at the same time!
Hot Water Heater Installation: How to Choose the Right One
Knowing which type of hot water heater is best for your home depends on how many people you have in your household, your average water usage, and your budget. Many families are willing to pay the higher installation costs because they know they’ll save more in the long-term by switching to tankless. However, not everyone can afford to make the switch when they’re on a limited income and need a quick hot water heater replacement. Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating can install either type of system in your Edmonton-area home. Homeowners may be tempted to install a ht water heater on their own. This isn’t recommended because of the safety precautions you must take when installing them. Common mistakes homeowners make include dry firing the tank before it’s had time to refill, which can cause cracks, and not installing the relief valve properly, which can lead to a tank explosion. It’s best to leave the work up to qualified professionals who are experienced with electrical, plumbing, and HVAC work to be safe.
Introducing the New Tankless Hot Water System from Rheem
No more waiting for the kids to shower first! Delivering 95% efficiency, the Rheem Prestige tankless hot water system provides an endless supply of hot water on demand, plus there’s an added bonus of rebates up to $1,000 available from Energy Efficiency Alberta. Installations are quick and easy, and Rheem offers a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty on the unit and a limited lifetime warranty on the exchanger. There’s never been a better time to invest in a tankless hot water system for your home!
Hot Water Heater Repair: Five Common Hot Water Heater Issues
Experiencing problems with your water heater? Call Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating to address these common water heater issues and more thanks to our expertise with hot water heater repairs:
1. Rusty Water
Deep inside your hot water heater is an anode rod made of magnesium or aluminum, which slowly dissolves to prevent rust from forming. If your water looks rust-coloured, the rod is failing. Call us for a quick and simple replacement.
2. Rotten Egg-Smelling Water
If your water smells like rotten eggs, you likely have a bacteria problem. The anode rod inside your tank also gives off hydrogen gas. Certain bacteria feed on hydrogen gas, creating the unpleasant-smelling water. We’ll drain your water heater, kill the bacteria, and get your water supply back to normal.
3. Loud or Annoying Noises
Popping or whining noises are a result of sediment build-up in your water heater. This build-up can cause either the water to boil or the sediment to burn, which causes ghastly noises. No problem; we’ll drain your water heater and clean up the sediment.
4. Water Is Too Hot or Too Cold
This could be caused by one of two things: either the heating element/pilot light or the thermostat. Check your heater’s thermostat first, and if that doesn’t fix the problem, give us a call. A lack of consistent hot water may mean one or more elements need to be replaced.
5. Leaks – Repairable or Time for a Replacement?
If you find the temperature and pressure valves release too much water due to overheating, you can fix this issue yourself by adjusting the thermostat. On the other hand, a leak could mean a hole in the tank. We’ll identify the cause of your leak and then repair the problem or replace the unit as needed.
The Importance of Hot Water Heater Maintenance in Your Home
You can avoid many of the common hot water heater repairs mentioned above by relying on our team for regular hot water heater maintenance. Many homeowners tend to forget about their water heater until an emergency occurs. However, testing and replacing the valves regularly, draining the sediment build-up from inside the water heater tank, insulating the pipes, adjusting the thermostat from time to time, and keeping a close eye on the anode rod can help you extend the life of your water heater. Hydro-Flo’s plumbers would be happy to provide reliable hot water heater maintenance. Call today!
We Finance Hot Water Tanks for Edmonton, AB Homeowners
The Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating team will have you back in hot water in no time, and that’s a good thing in this case! We’re proud to provide 24/7 service when you need hot water heater repair or installation in Edmonton and the surrounding areas of Alberta. We carry a large selection of hot water tanks, tankless water heaters, boilers/storage combinations, and indirect storage tanks for quick and professional installation with same-day replacements available. Because we understand how vital it is to keep the hot water flowing through your home, we also offer affordable financing options for your new hot water tank. Apply now with our quick, safe, and easy credit application process. Contact us today to request service or more info!