Quality Residential Cooling Installations & Repairs
No matter your situation or lifestyle, an AC is essential to the comfort of any home and family, and Hydro-Flow Plumbing & Heating provides residential AC maintenance and HVAC services that you can rely on. We can assist with any issue ranging from preventative maintenance to tune-ups to full-service replacement with expertise that only we provide.
We service everything from large-scale central AC and furnace units to ductless mini-splits that allow you to control the temperature of individual rooms. We at Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating can provide you with the solutions you need to enjoy high-efficiency systems when you need them the most, whether you want us to inspect a unit in a house you are moving into or you are considering replacing a unit you have been dealing with for years.
No matter your situation or the level of expertise needed for your residential AC service, our technicians are extremely knowledgeable on all makes and models of ACs and furnaces and are dedicated to helping with any unit upgrades or repairs you may need with reliable and friendly service.
What to look for before calling us
While professional yearly inspection for your system is generally recommended, there are a few steps that anyone can take to make sure that things are working properly with their AC unit or furnace. Rooting out certain causes of problems may even help your HVAC professional during the inspection.
- Remove debris from around your unit. Spider webs, leaves, stray foliage, and stray litter can all keep your system from producing proper airflow.
- Make sure your motors are properly lubricated. Be sure to contact a professional on how to best do this.
- Clean your air filter. Air particles, such as dust and pollen, can clog your filters, especially in allergy season.
- Check the temperature around your home. After the first 15 minutes of running your AC, check to make sure that your home is cooling properly and consistently.
- Inspect your air-distribution centers. Make sure they are also not blocked by carpeting or furniture.
- Check your thermostat batteries. A blank thermostat could indicate broken electrical communication between your unit and your home.
- Check your service switch. This is typically located on the top of your furnace. If the switch is off, the system is off.
Remember: Our team of experts are always available and will be more than happy to discuss any other questions you may have about your unit at 780-203-2230!
Common Mistakes People Make with Their Unit
Whether you’re an experienced homeowner or just bought your first property, it is important to educate yourself on all aspect of home maintenance and to know your options. Here are some common (and, quite possibly, costly) mistakes first-time owners of a residential AC or furnace system may be making.
- Making DIY repairs. The only person that should work and inspect your HVAC unit is an HVAC professional. Trying to save by attempting to make repairs on your own can and may cause you to spend more money in the long run. That’s not even including the time spent and headache that comes with having to repair a botched job.
- Not Changing your AC filters. Clogged filters can cause your unit to stop working efficiently, or even break down entirely. Save yourself on energy cost and have your filters replaced every 90 days. This should increase to every 60 days if you have any pets in your home.
- Hiring sub-par professionals. Your home is an investment and sup-par work on any part of its maintenance can prove costly and even dangerous. Put your system in hands you can trust with our licensed, experienced, and friendly professionals.
- Not having a programmable thermostat. Adjusting your home’s temperature before you leave the house can save you hundreds of dollars in energy cost.
- Not paying attention to thermostat positioning. Having an improperly-placed thermostat, such as leaving it directly in the sun, could have it set to work much harder than it needs to during long portions of the day.
- Clogging your vents. Blocking AC vents with furniture and other common household items can limit air circulation.
As always, our goal is to provide professional service that will improve the functionality of your home with excellent service. If we find any issues with your system, we will be sure to take care of your needs right away and get you on your feet.
For the highest quality HVAC repair services around, trust in Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating. Contact us 24/7 here or call 780-203-2230 to receive a free estimate or schedule an appointment.