What Is A Home Furnace Inspection And Why Should I Get One?
Your furnace protects you from Edmonton’s winter weather but only when it’s working properly. Having a home furnace inspection is the best way to make sure that you and your loved ones will be warm all winter long.
What’s in a furnace inspection?
When you arrange for a furnace inspection, a plumber will visit your home and inspect your furnace for some of the following:
- Clogged filters in need of changing
- Dirt and grime on the blower motor and related parts
- Signs of leaks or corrosion
- The condition of the burner
- Proper functioning of safety controls and ignition
- The condition of the heating elements and exchanger
- Corrosion in the flue system
- Signs of leaks in the ductwork
- Unusual sounds or odours
- Obstructions in the vent system
- Obstructions in the air intake
- The condition of the electrical connections
- Proper thermostat calibration
- And so much more!
What are the benefits of a furnace inspection?
In addition to the peace of mind that comes with knowing that your home furnace isn’t going to break down on you in the middle of winter, there are a number of other benefits to having your furnace inspected and repaired. You’ll enjoy:
- Better air quality
- More even heat distribution
- Increased energy efficiency
- Reduced energy costs
- A warmer and more comfortable home
- A longer lasting furnace
- Decreased likelihood of system failure
How often do I need a furnace inspection?
You should change the filters on your furnace as part of your monthly maintenance routine and have a professional inspect your furnace every one to two years.
A plumbing and HVAC professional has the expertise and tools necessary to verify the proper functioning of your entire heating system without causing damage. Having regular inspections means that you’ll always stay on top of your repairs and your furnace is less likely to break down when it is being regularly serviced.
Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating offers furnace service and repair to homeowners all over Edmonton and the surrounding areas. Have one of our highly skilled plumbing professionals come by and do a full furnace inspection and find out if your furnace is running properly or if it needs to be repaired before the snow starts to pile up. For home furnace cleaning, service and repair anywhere in Edmonton, Alberta, think Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating. Contact us today for a free estimate!