Top Ten Bathroom Plumbing Problems That Require A Professional
- Leaking pipes: Repairing pipes can be quite messy and tricky. Leave it to a plumber—they will know exactly what to do. You can apply leak tape to your damaged pipe while waiting for the plumber to arrive.
- Noisy pipes: If you hear loud banging noises when running water, your valves or support straps may be loose or the water pressure might be too high. Luckily, a plumber knows just what to do to get to the bottom of the problem.
- Low water pressure: Is their barely any water coming of your showerhead or faucets? Your pipes may be clogged up or leaking, or the hot water tank in your home may not be functioning correctly. Call a plumber straight away to prevent any further damage.
- Non-stop dripping: If all you can hear is “drip, drip, drip” when you go to bed, the washer, which seals water in the pipes, may be broken. If you’ve had the problem for a while, both the valve seat and the washer may need replacing by a professional.
- Slow drainage: If there’s a pool of water in the bottom of your shower, debris may be blocking the drain. If you can’t clear it yourself or if the drain continues to block after you’ve repaired it, call in the experts. Years of buildup can cause pipes to corrode.
- Intermittent hot water: If your water goes from hot to cold, your water heater may be to blame. Plumbers are licensed to work on water heaters so leave the investigating to them.
- Coloured water: White or cloudy water means there’s air in your pipes. If it’s yellow, brown or red, your pipes may be rusting or there may be a problem with the water mains in your area. Green water indicates erosion, while blue water is a sign of severe erosion. Always seek help from a plumber.
- Running toilet: Sediment often prevents toilets from flushing correctly. A plumber needs to look at this carefully.
- Blocked toilet: If a plunger doesn’t work or messy work isn’t for you, call a plumber before your toilet overflows. Many people feel embarrassed when this happens but don’t worry, it’s very common.
- Faucet installation: Although updating your faucets isn’t a plumbing issue, it may become one if a professional isn’t involved.
Leave your bathroom glitches to Edmonton’s plumbing experts
At Hydro Flo Plumbing & Heating, we’ve been helping Edmonton’s residents since 2006. Whether your hot water tank is faulty, or showers are cold, we can send a plumber straight to your home in Edmonton to help. For more information about our services, don’t hesitate to contact us—we’ll be happy to assist you!