How To Tell If Your Furnace Needs Cleaning
That could be one of many indications that your furnace is due for a thorough inspection by a furnace cleaning specialist.
While it’s normal for fine dust to collect in the HVAC system, before long, flakes of dead skin, hair and pet dander can cling to the dust. That creates a breeding ground for mould, dust mites and other allergens.
Changing the air filter once every three months will remove most allergens from the air, but not in all parts of your heating system. So, how do you know when to call a professional furnace service in Edmonton?
5 Signs That Your Furnace Needs Professional Cleaning
There are a number of indications that your furnace needs a little extra TLC. Here’s what to look for:
- Wisps of dust or hair that puff out of the vents when the furnace turns on.
- Matted dirt and debris that has accumulated on the air vent floors and walls.
- A thick, fuzzy coating of dust that has spread across the cover of the return air vents.
- The furnace air filter is clogged with dust. That prevents natural airflow and allows dust to float up and settle in the return ducts.
- Furnace motor and blower fan have a buildup of dust. The more dust you see; the bigger problem you have.
What’s so bad about having dust in your furnace?
Between its energy efficiency and the air quality that it’s pumping out, plenty.
A dirt-clogged furnace struggles to work well, adding more to your heating costs. Plus, dirty ducts put a long-term strain on your HVAC system. That could eventually lead to more serious problems, such as malfunction.
If dust and dirt are left to accumulate in your commercial, industrial or home furnace it will release fine particulate contaminates and allergens into the air. No matter how diligently you dust, within minutes, it will return covering tables, desks, computers and all other furniture.
Improve air quality and prolong the life of your Edmonton furnace
Don’t let problems escalate! With Edmonton’s unforgiving winters, you rely heavily on your furnace to keep you warm and safe from the cold.
At Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating, your comfort is our top priority. We take great pride in being among the most trusted service providers for furnace cleaning in Edmonton. Contact our friendly technicians to book your free consultation today!