How To Know When Your Boiler Needs Repair
- Performance: During a service, plumbers will check that your boiler is running as efficiently as possible. This will reduce the chances of you running into any unwanted problems.
- Cost: If your boiler isn’t in good condition, it requires more energy to function normally. Regular checkups will keep your boiler spick-and-span and will prevent your energy bill from rising. Servicing will also nip minor problems in the bud, saving you from costly repairs.
- Safety: Most importantly of all, plumbers can check that you and your family are not in danger of life-threatening carbon monoxide leaks.
Boiler Warning signs
If you experience the following issues, call a plumber immediately as there may be a problem with your boiler:
- If you have a gas cooker and the flame is yellow or orange and weak, this may indicate that the appliance isn’t working correctly and may be unsafe.
- Black marks or stains around gas appliances are signs that your boiler isn’t burning fuel properly. This may be due to a blockage.
- Does your pilot light keep going out? If so, the thermocouple may be faulty, seals may be damaged or the vent pipe may be blocked.
- If you hear abnormal banging noises coming from your heater, get it looked at. Otherwise, your boiler may overheat and shut down.
- Puddles of water found at the bottom of boilers are often caused by leaking pipes. If this is the case, your boiler is using an excessive amount of energy to function normally.
- If the gauge on your boiler indicates that the water pressure isn’t between 1 and 1.5, there may be trapped air, a blockage or a leak in your boiler.
Where to find a plumber you can trust in Edmonton
At Hydro-Flo Plumbing & Heating, we’ve been maintaining and repairing boilers in Edmonton for almost 10 years. If you’re experiencing problems with your boiler or if you’re looking to keep your boiler healthy, our plumbers are here to help. What’s more, we offer an emergency service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Please get in touch with one of our experienced team members for more information. We’re here to keep you and your family safe and your boiler in excellent condition.