How To Know When To Get Your Furnace Inspected
If the air quality inside of your home is affecting your health your furnace might be to blame. Dust and dirt in the ventilation system can distribute tiny particles of bacteria, mildew and other contaminants throughout the air in your home. It’s true. Keep reading to find out how you can keep the air in your home clean and breathe easier this winter.
How can you tell if your furnace needs cleaning?
- Air quality isn’t the only indicator that your Edmonton home’s furnace needs to be serviced. A dirty furnace in need of repair can also impact the following:
- Energy efficiency—If your heating system is clogged or in need of repair, it won’t work properly and will drain more energy than a well maintained furnace.
- Energy costs—If your furnace is struggling to do its job properly, heat and energy will be wasted and your bills will steadily increase.
- Heat distribution—Clogged vents can mean uneven heat distribution throughout your house, wasting heat and making some rooms hotter than others.
- Warmth and comfort of your home—Your furnace is designed to heat your home and keep you comfortable but it can’t do that unless it gets regular service and repair.
The best way to maintain the health of both your furnace and your family is to have your furnace inspected and serviced by one of the professional plumbers at Hydro-Flo Plumbing and Heating in Edmonton, Alberta. Schedule regular furnace service, inspection and repair as part of your yearly maintenance routine to prolong the life of your furnace and avoid costly breakdowns.
What can I expect during a furnace inspection?
During a furnace inspection one of our service technicians will check your furnace for some of the following:
- Clogged filters
- Obstructions in the vents, drains and ductwork
- Signs of rust, corrosion or cracks
- Strange sounds and odours
- A tight seal on all seams
- Blockages in the air intake valve
- Proper burner ignition
- Obstructions in the flue
- The condition of the blower motor
- The condition of the heat exchanger
- Signs of frayed electrical wiring
- Calibrated thermostat
Your furnace is the main component of your heating system but it isn’t the only component. Filters need to be changed, ducts need to cleaned and vents need to be kept free from obstructions and debris. Regular furnace service and repair by a qualified plumber will ensure that your heating system is working properly all throughout Edmonton’s harsh winter.
For all of your furnace inspection, cleaning, service and repair needs, think Hydro-Flo Heating and Plumbing. We are one of the most trusted names in plumbing and heating in all of Edmonton. Contact us today for a free estimate or to schedule an appointment!